- faqs

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I become a patient?

You can visit the Medical Centre casually or you can enrol as a permanent patient. We can help you choose a doctor. Make an appointment and we can complete any paperwork if you decide to enrol.

Do I receive a discount with my Community Service Card?

For a standard weekday consult, enrolled patients with a community service card will receive a discounted visit. More information is availble here on our site. Also, if you're interested in more information on eligibility for a CSC, click here for the Work and Income website. For information on our fees, click here.

Do I always have to see the same doctor?

We encourage people to get to know one doctor but for convenience you are welcome to see any of the doctors who are available.

Can a doctor come and see me at home?

Yes, it is possible for a doctor to see you at home, but only if necessary and you live in the immediate area. We visit the elderly and frail, or if you are severely unwell and cannot make it to the surgery. We cannot always visit urgently.

Should I come to the medical centre if I think I might be infectious?

Please let us know if you think you might be infectious and we can arrange for you to be kept separate from other patients.

What if I have an accident?

We are available promptly for cuts, strains and minor fractures. It is often quicker to come to the surgery than attend the emergency department unless you have broken a major bone.

What if I am pregnant?

Please make an appointment for a confirmation test. We will help you make arrangements after that.

What if I need contraception?

Contraceptive and sexual health advice is no cost to you if you are under 21. You do not need to be an enrolled patient to receive this service. We offer a full range of family planning services including IUCDs and vasectomies. Emergency contraception is also available.

What do my lab test results mean?

If you wish to know more about what your lab test results mean, try It is important, however, that all laboratory test results are interpreted in full clinical context. Your GP is the best person to do this.